Friday 13 June 2008

Friday 13th?

(Looks like they're cutting us off later this evening, probably midnight - while I can, I'll make a little update.)

I was going through my inbox on Y!G this afternoon, when I noticed an aquaintance had put up the following poll:

Are You Superstitious?

Today's Friday the 13th. Are you superstitious?

No
A little
Yes


I'm actually quite pleased to note that the majority vote (at the time I voted) was 'No' with 15 votes ('Yes' 1, 'A Little' 5).

And I left my little comment:

Not in the slightest. I understand the law of truly large numbers, confirmation bias and selective thinking. I also don't believe in ghosts, angels, demons, the devil or god (or any particular socieities versions of same). It's just a day like any other - in fact, I didn't even know it was 'friday 13th' today, until I saw your poll.


Honestly? I'm just wondering what everyone else thinks.

Though I now feel like looking up just exactly why people think Friday 13th is an unlucky day.

No comments: