Tuesday 24 February 2009

Darwin Art and Craft

I thought I'd show you guys (silly me, I think people actually read this thing XD) some of my Darwin stuff. See, proof I am an artist, really XD









The top ones a bookmark for the Darwin Day Bookmark Swap on Swapbot - the photo of Darwin himself was cut from a leaflet about various events - the rest if pretty papers I have and a lovely glittery butterfly stamp. I also added some detailing to the larger plant-swirls with a glittery gold pen.

The second one's an ATC for a private swap I'm doing with a friend on SwapBot. Her theme was Steam Punk (I got my bookmark and ATC in the post yesterday) my theme for her is obviously Darwin again. I've got to make a bookmark as well, and I'll add that to this post once I'm done.

The scan doesn't show it very well, but the ATC has a silver stamped Victorian global map on the base paper. I hand drew the Tree (copied from Darwin's original) and hand wrote the quote: 'There is grandeur in this view of life' - I also aged the yellow-card.

The third one is the matching bookmark for the Darwin ATC andBookmark private swap. Same materials as the ATC - with the addition of an eyelet and gold/red/purple thread and instead of drawing something, I cut out what I think is a chimp skeleton and aged it.

The quote I hand wrote is: 'Man is descended from a hairy, tailed, quadraped, probably arboreal in its habit.' C.Darwin.


I'm damn proud of these, and have been enjoying the Darwin craft going on ^^ I'll likely do a lot more.

No comments: